What is the IBEX E/PO Program?
IBEX implements a comprehensive Education and Public Outreach (E/PO) program, overseen & implemented by The Adler Planetarium in Chicago, IL.
This E/PO program incorporates several components, including:
- A nationally distributed full-length digital planetarium show
- Educational products, such as posters, lithographs, lenticular card, tactile products for people with visual impairments, informal education activities, and other materials
- Online games and activities
- The IBEX mission website
- Space Science Core Curriculum Sequence for Grades 6-8, in collaboration with other NASA missions
- Heliophysics Educator Ambassador Program for middle school teachers
- Support for the Space Explorers Afterschool Club program for several Chicago Public Schools middle schools
- A Twitter feed and Facebook fan page
- A program to evaluate the effectiveness of various areas of the IBEX Education and Public Outreach Program
For questions about the IBEX Education and Public Outreach Program, please contact us .